You can make your own counter sign, poster, or any other printed material to collect contact info. If you’re not the artistic type, download a sign in Microsoft Word format, then edit it with your welcome offer and nickname and print it out, or contact MyBizNow where you can hire a designer to design and print your own custom signs.
Either way, follow these guidelines for making the best sign to grow your customer lists:
- First, make your headline your Welcome Offer and not “Join our List” – you want to grab people with the best offer you can. Make sure this is large enough so that people can read it from where they are likely to stand.
- The call-to-action is what you want your fan to do. If you are collecting emails, use “Join our List”. If collecting mobile phone numbers, use “Text to 244326.” Do not capitalize your nickname.
- You should write a line of copy under the call-to-action that explains that customers will receive continuing discounts, specials and other promotions from you from time to time. This helps them see there’s more to joining your list than just your one time offer.
- Avoid decorating your sign with too many images or any other thing you want the customer to do. Try to keep your sign very simple and let your Welcome Offer and Call-To-Action speak for themselves.
- If you are collecting mobile phone numbers, include this boilerplate at the bottom of the sign: Free to join. You’ll receive no more than messages per month. Reply STOP to opt out. Your msg/data rates apply.